Where to turn?

Not sure where to begin looking for advice? Start by clicking on whichever topic you think might help most right now ;)

Monday, May 14, 2012

There is Always Hope

     Tonight I was sitting in my mom's sewing room as she and my dad were discussing his workout at the gym.  It was a relatively calm evening until my dad received an email informing him that a former employee and a friend of his had committed suicide. To say that this blew us all away was an understatement.  No one was expecting it.
     Being a volunteer with the Utah County Crisis Line and other organizations like To Write Love On Her Arms, suicide prevention is a major priority in my life.  I've dedicated a great deal of time to educating myself, and now educating others on that very topic, and I've seen and felt its devastating affects first-hand.  The Loss of that life tonight was a reminder that there are ALWAYS more people to reach, and always more people who need to know the facts about suicide and suicide prevention.
     I know that this is not a very happy post, but I just want to say- To any of our readers who have ever struggled with any kind of depression, self-abuse, suicidal thoughts or past attempts, there is hope and help waiting for you.  All you have to do is ask.  The Loss of ANY single life to that end is one our world cannot afford.  There should always be a light at the end of the tunnel.  So my message to you is that there is.

If you are struggling, or think you may have a problem:

Go to our Here to Help Page.  There you will find a list of organizations, links to their home pages, phone numbers to call, and people who are trained and can help you. You are not alone, and you are not crazy, or weird, or any of those terms people use.  You still have a fighting chance left at this life, and there are people just waiting to give you a hand.  I am one of those people- I know.  I sit for hours in the call center, KNOWING that people are trying to deal with a crisis on their own, and it kills me!  There is NOTHING wrong with talking out your problems or just simply your concerns.  It could mean the difference between a bad day and depression.  Please do not be afraid to seek out help. 

     This is something that is very close to my heart, and I can guarantee there will be more posts about this in the future, but to start this out- I want you to know that THERE IS HOPE. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how dark or dreary, and no matter how long you've been walking.  There is always a new chance waiting for you, and an opportunity to turn things around.  No life is worth throwing away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments, and only ask that you please keep them kind and refrain from attacking others in your posts. If you want to leave negative comments feel free to e-mail them to us at justbetweenthegirls@gmail.com